[Samba] Dubt about Samba4 DC

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Aug 21 09:04:58 UTC 2016

Hi Marcio,

Am 20.08.2016 um 23:50 schrieb Marcio Demetrio Bacci via samba:
> I'm using Samba 4 (4.2.1) as DC on Debian 7. I have problems with
> authentication on Squid3 and user's computers im my network.
> Many times, the users need to inform username/password more than one time.
> I'm thinking that problem is the DC.

What does the Samba log file says? Increase the log level if "1" won't
tell you.

> How can I to test my Samba4 DC?

Do your Squid users authenticate against AD using the LDAP protocol? In
this case you can use any LDAP client to log in to your DC using your AD
account and see if authentication works. If this is always successful on
the first try, I would search the problem on the Squid side.

> I'm thinking to setup another DC Samba4 and to migrate to it.
> How can I do this?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_an_additional_Samba_DC_to_an_existing_Active_Directory

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Demote_a_Samba_AD_DC

But I don't think that this solves your problem.

Regards,
Marc