[Samba] Samba4 Centos 7 - CPU 100%

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Aug 19 19:24:39 UTC 2016

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 15:56:50 -0300
Maiquel Consalter <maiquelconsalter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Follow:
>
> * Which process consumes the 100% of your CPU? samba, smbd,
> winbind...? A: samba
>
> * Does the CPU load goes up directly after you start up Samba? When
> does this happen?
> A: load goes up 1 minute after start samba.
>
> * What version are you currently running? Your "server string" says
> 4.3.1. Is this correct? What happens if you update to 4.4.5? A lot of
> things have been fixed in the meantime.
> A.: String its wrong. The verion is 4.4.5
>
> Sorry. Can you please show us your existing smb.conf - without all
> that defaults and unnecessary stuff.
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
> workgroup = LA.BR
> realm = lala.br
> netbios name = DC-SERVER1
> server role = active directory domain controller
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
> dns forwarder = 189.90.65.11
> dsdb:schema update allowed = true
> #rpc_server:epmapper = disabled
> winbind max clients = 2000
> bind interfaces only = yes
> interfaces = eth0 lo
> server services = -dns
> smb2 leases = yes
> allow dns updates = nonsecure
>
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>         log level = 1
>
> [netlogon]
> path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/campus.uel.br/scripts
> read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
> path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
> read only = No

Looking at this:

dns forwarder = 189.90.65.11

and this:

server services = -dns

You only need one or the other, the first is only required if you use
the internal DNS server and the second says you are using Bind9
instead.

try removing 'smb2 leases = yes'

I would also remove 'dsdb:schema update allowed = true' , you only need
this to update the schema, which brings up a point, have you extended
the schema. If so, with what and how ?

Rowland