[Samba] Samba4 Centos 7 - CPU 100%

Maiquel Consalter maiquelconsalter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:56:50 UTC 2016

Follow:

* Which process consumes the 100% of your CPU? samba, smbd, winbind...?
A: samba

* Does the CPU load goes up directly after you start up Samba? When does
this happen?
A: load goes up 1 minute after start samba.

* What version are you currently running? Your "server string" says
4.3.1. Is this correct? What happens if you update to 4.4.5? A lot of
things have been fixed in the meantime.
A.: String its wrong. The verion is 4.4.5

Sorry. Can you please show us your existing smb.conf - without all that
defaults and unnecessary stuff.

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = LA.BR
realm = lala.br
netbios name = DC-SERVER1
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
dns forwarder = 189.90.65.11
dsdb:schema update allowed = true
#rpc_server:epmapper = disabled
winbind max clients = 2000
bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = eth0 lo
server services = -dns
smb2 leases = yes
allow dns updates = nonsecure

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        log level = 1

[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/campus.uel.br/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
read only = No

By the way, it's not important for your problem, but I'm missing the
[sysvol] share in your smb.conf. Are you really only having a [netlogon]
share?

Tkanks.

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:29:06 -0300
> Maiquel Consalter via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Group,
> > i have 3 DC with samba4 with Centos 7, they are showing the CPU with
> > 100% in all DC. The centos 7 is the basic installation and samba4
> > compile.I have 2.000 machine authenticated in this DC, is WinX, Win7,
> > Win8 and Win10 . Someone have problem with samba4 with centos cpu
> > 100%. ?
> >
> > Attached my config.
> >
> > Tks.
>
> Could you please post your smb.conf as it is stored on the DC, not the
> result of 'samba-tool testparm -v'
>
> Rowland
>
> --

Att,