[Samba] Samba4 Centos 7 - CPU 100%

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri Aug 19 18:48:19 UTC 2016

Hi Maiquel,

Am 19.08.2016 um 19:29 schrieb Maiquel Consalter via samba:
> i have 3 DC with samba4 with Centos 7, they are showing the CPU with 100%
> in all DC. The centos 7 is the basic installation and samba4 compile.I have
> 2.000 machine authenticated in this DC, is WinX, Win7, Win8 and Win10 .
> Someone have problem with samba4 with centos cpu 100%. ?

* Which process consumes the 100% of your CPU? samba, smbd, winbind...?

* Does the CPU load goes up directly after you start up Samba? When does
this happen?

* What version are you currently running? Your "server string" says
4.3.1. Is this correct? What happens if you update to 4.4.5? A lot of
things have been fixed in the meantime.

> Attached my config.

Sorry. Can you please show us your existing smb.conf - without all that
defaults and unnecessary stuff.

By the way, it's not important for your problem, but I'm missing the
[sysvol] share in your smb.conf. Are you really only having a [netlogon]
share?

Regards,
Marc