[Samba] Configuring Point'n'Print automatic printer driver deployment not working in samba 4.4.5

Brijesh Kumar Vishwakarma brijesh at tetrain.com
Thu Aug 18 13:45:02 UTC 2016

Hi Louis,

Thanks for the insight.

Let me explain the environment.

We have HP Laserjet Pro M202dw printer which we have configured on samba+CUPS,

First, we are trying to upload its driver (HP_LaserJet_Pro_M201-M202) via windows print management console as explain in wiki https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Point%27n%27Print_automatic_printer_driver_deployment.
Its started copying driver into $print share but it was not showing option "install trusted driver" . Then, we proceed further and after completing upload driver we try to connect printer on windows client (win8.1 and win10) its giving error "unable to connect printer error 0x000006d1".

Can you please help us get this issue sort it out.
Please let us know if any input is required from my side.

Regards
Brijesh Kumar