[Samba] Single Client Failure

Robert Steinmetz rob at steinmetznet.com
Wed Aug 17 17:14:56 UTC 2016

I have a mystery, One of my windows clients fails to connect to one of
my servers. I can't figure out why.

I have 2 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS servers I have several windows clients
accessing Samba shares on these servers. Samba Version 4.3.9-Ubuntu

Recently one of the clients has been unable to access shares on one of
the servers. That client can access shares on the other server and other
clients can access shares on both servers. Nothing has changed in the
configuration. I have rebooted both machines with no luck.

I have searched the logs and the only thing I can find is this:

  [2016/08/16 17:11:22.972140,  3] ../source3/lib/access.c:338(allow_access)
   Allowed connection from 192.168.1.143 (192.168.1.143)
[2016/08/16 17:16:00.895557,  2]
../source3/smbd/process.c:3643(smbd_add_connection)
   getpeername() failed - Transport endpoint is not connected
[2016/08/16 17:16:00.895920,  3]
../source3/smbd/server_exit.c:252(exit_server_common)
   Server exit (NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL)

It seems the user name is recognized but the transport fails.

 From the windows machine when I try to access the server properties I
get a a message that the server is not accepting remote requests. When I
do the same thing from another client I get the correct response.