[Samba] Windows 10 point and print restriction

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 15 14:33:51 UTC 2016

Hai Sven,

Start here :
http://www.infoworld.com/article/3107306/microsoft-windows/microsoft-admits-to-distributing-windows-printing-bugs-in-kb-3177725-and-kb-3176493.html
.. ms bug again..

> Verzonden: maandag 15 augustus 2016 15:05
> Aan: 'samba at lists.samba.org'
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Windows 10 point and print restriction
>
> Hi Louis,
>
> Thanks for your answer and help :)
Your welkom.

> Here are some screenshots from my windows 10 and security patches. I read
> the same like you about the kb's but I don’t found them in my software
> update list. There are 3-4 security fixes but I don’t think that are the
> problem.
>
> https://mybox.vboxvault.de/invitations?share=9f09fc74e20189b25864
>
> i set both computer configuration and user configuration. Nothing happen.
> No luck. I use authenticated user. Normaly that gpo should work.
Any erros in even log?
Ok have a look here.
https://www.simple-talk.com/sysadmin/general/managing-printers-with-group-policy-powershell-and-print-management/
This is about 90% how i've setup.

And dan you show a screenhot from the settings tab on the GPO object of the printer, for a failing printer. Open everything there so i can see what you exact have.
I'll have a look. ( if needed try the link from infoworld first )

> Kyocera
>
> Yes can you send it to me? That will be great.
Is send.

> Brother
> I will look for them
>
> Hp
> Do you know there are new versions?
I just look here :
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=4157320&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192  ( google for "hp universal" top link )

And in this case im busy with new printers so i've tested a lot lately with drivers etc.

I see your using win10 1511, good. DONT upgrade to 1607 without knowing the following.  For example read.
https://technet.microsoft.com/nl-nl/itpro/windows/manage/group-policies-for-enterprise-and-education-editions

Greetz,

Louis