[Samba] DHCP update registration DNS Bind9

Ricardo Pardim Claus ricardo.claus at yahoo.com.br
Sun Aug 14 14:00:41 UTC 2016

Dear Rowland,
I appreciate the initial contact and the hint that you sent.
I followed the tips presented in the wiki Samba and implemented the script on Centos 7.
Apparently it's working. I'll wait for the next hours work, to make sure it worked.

I have doubts:
  - It is possible to manually perform the update script DNS? I tried to manually run but could not.

  - Dhcpd that will be in charge of running the script every time the transactions (commit, release and expiry) are taken?

  - In my smb.conf I had added the following lines. I must or can discard? This is the primary smb.conf DC where the DHCP + Bind9 is:

kerberos method = system keytab
client ldap sasl wrapping = sign
allow dns updates = nonsecure and secure
nsupdate command = /usr/bin/nsupdate -g

Thank you!