[Samba] Windows 10 point and print restriction

Vogel, Sven Sven.Vogel at kupper-computer.com
Sun Aug 14 11:09:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

it seems there is a problem/bug in windows 10 that point and print restriction dont work and gpo are ignored. I don't know. When I use windows 7 there o problems. technet article they speak about packaged driver. I think that will not solve the problem. what I see it will affect all drivers also changed like these link http://serverfault.com/questions/573411/why-cant-i-upload-drivers-to-my-samba-print-server

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Point'n'Print_automatic_printer_driver_deployment

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/030ee94a-047d-460a-bc39-52351a199364/kb3163912-breaks-point-and-print-restrictions-gpo-settings?forum=winserverGP

There are any information from the samba team about the problem? In

Sven Vogel
Senior Systemingenieur