[Samba] File Server member DC ACL permissions

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Aug 11 18:55:27 UTC 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 18:39:14 +0000 (UTC)
Ricardo Pardim Claus via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Dear Rowland,
>
> This Samba 4 domain was not provisioned from scratch.
> Here in the company we had a DC Windows 2008. The Samba was provided
> to secondary DC. Then, the primary DC remains Windows, but will be
> removed this weekend. Samba DC will be the primary DC. In the file
> server file krb5.conf, I informed the KDC servers pointing to the
> Samba DC.
>
> Follows the smb.conf my DC Samba 4:
>

> # Global parameters
> [global]
> #bind interfaces only = Yes
> interfaces = lo eth0
> netbios name = SRV14
> realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
> server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate workgroup = DOMAIN
> server role = active directory domain controller
> comment =
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> log level = 1
> #
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
> [netlogon]
> path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/lojacorr.local/scripts
> read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
> path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
> read only = No
>

> > How have you set the libnss_winbind links ?
>
> I set the links to libnss_winbind this:
> My system is a Centos 7 x86_64:
>
> # ln
> -s /usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 /lib64/libnss_winbind.so
> # ln -s /lib64/libnss_winbind.so /lib64/libnss_winbind.so2# ldconfig
>
> Now I can see the id of the User, with the command:
> # wbinfo -i iuser
> iuser:*:4294967295:4294967295:iuser:/home/DOMAIN/iuser:/bin/false

Yes wbinfo shows the user but does 'getent passwd iuser' show anything ?

> Follow the file server smb.conf:
>

> # Global parameters
> [global]
> netbios name = SRV16
> server string = Samba4 Server
> security = ADS
> encrypt passwords = yes
> realm = lojacorr.local
> workgroup = DOMAIN
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> log level = 1
> #
> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes
> winbind use default domain = Yes
> winbind nss info = RFC2307
> #idmap_ldb: Use
> vfs objects = acl_xattr
> map acl inherit = Yes
> store dos attributes = Yes
> # Idmap config for domain DOMAIN
> idmap config DOMAIN: backend = ad
> idmap config DOMAIN: schema_mode = RFC2307
> idmap config DOMAIN: range = 10000-99999
> guest account = guest

You need to add:
  idmap config * : backend = tdb
  idmap config * : range = 2000-9999

> [data]
> comment = Folder data
> path = /mnt/dados
> read only = No
> browseable = yes
> inherit acls = Yes
> inherit permissions = Yes
> guest account = guest
> guest ok=yes
>

> Follow the file server nsswitch.conf:
>

> passwd:     files winbind
> shadow:     files
> group:      files winbind
>
> hosts:      files dns
> bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
> ethers:     files
> netmasks:   files
> networks:   files
> protocols:  files
> rpc:        files
> services:   files
> netgroup:   files
> publickey:  nisplus
> automount:  files
> aliases:    files nisplus
>

> I configured this permission for SeDiskOperatorPrivilege:
> # net rpc rights grant 'DOMAIN\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
> -U'domain\administrator'
>
> When I try to set the permissions via shell, I get the same error:
>
> # setfacl -R -m g:"Domain Admins":rwx /mnt/dados
>
> setfacl: /mnt/dados: Malformed access ACL
> `user::rwx,group::r-x,mask::rwx,other::r-x,group:4294967295:rwx':
> Missing or wrong entry at entry 5

It looks like Domain Admins isn't being recognised by the OS, does Domain
 Admins have a gidNumber attribute

Rowland