[Samba] why does add_local_groups come up in only one system's logs?

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:59:07 UTC 2016

In case this helps anyone else (searching for the error might bring you
here)
who runs Samba in an unsupported way with users in /etc/passwd and
on Active Directory, my solution with Debian's 4.2.10 Samba was
to use Kerberos with ssh (suggested by Rowland in another thread),
and turn off winbind daemon.

No adjustment to nsswitch.conf is necessary when users are in /etc/passwd
and krb is used in pam.d files.  ssh authentication works against AD
and file shares work reliably with AD authentication.

I suspect this may be a solution only while we are on version 4.2 as our
configuration
seems to be unsupported.