[Samba] Cannot join my Samba AD anymore

Nico De Ranter nico.deranter at esaturnus.com
Wed Aug 10 10:59:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've been using a Samba based AD for a while and things are going more or
less okay.  I did have to turn off my second (samba) AD however as I
couldn't get synchronisation working properly.

Lately however I've been having issues trying to manage the domain using
RSAT on Windows 7. When I try to open Group Policy Management I get a
dialog box stating "The RPC server is unavailable".   Also adding a Windows
10 pc to the domain fails with "Can't join this domain. Contact your IT
admin for more info", sigh. I am not even able to unjoin a Windows 7 pc
from the domain.  Fortunately authentication against AD still works fine.

Any idea what may be causing this?

OS: Ubuntu 16.04.1
Samba version:4.3.9

--