[Samba] BIND as DNS Slave of SAMBA 4 Internal DNS and Windows 2008

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 08:17:27 UTC 2016

As explained in some other thread here you can set up a Bind server with
zone type forward for that DNS server forward every requests to your DC
(declared as forwarders in these zones).

No need of proxy, no need of building master/slaves, just add:
zone "domainwin.com" IN {
  type forward;
  forward only;
  forwarders {
    <IP of some DC in that domain>;
    <IP of some other DC in that domain>;
  };
};

Do the same for domainnux.com, use that DNS server as resolver, your
clients will access both domains.
Add forward and recursion on that server and your clients will have access
to internet.