[Samba] upgrading to 4.4+

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 10 08:12:42 UTC 2016

>getting messages that it can't activate ldap plugin
I dont see that here. And ldap works fine.

Can you post the message you get at the dbfix
Or any other errors you see, these are most helpfull.
I fixed my db also and it all still works fine.
But if you can show how you see your errors i'll check that agains my env.
But untill now is dont have any problems, but maybe is missed something.

Few pointers of my setup.
I used th 7.2.1 extentios (zarafaads.exe ) since thats still the latest.
Imported these with this tool.
https://community.zarafa.com/pg/plugins/project/9588/developer/tdeklein/samba4-ad-integration-for-zarafa

and yes few things like mobile support are missing but you can add this in the server.cfg.

im now running samba 4.4.5 (packages from debian recompiled) with zarafa 7.2.1 extentions on debian Jessie.
Mail server is running zarafa 7.2.4 /postfix and very thing over ldapS.

my setup

cat server.cfg | grep user_plugin
user_plugin             = ldap
user_plugin_config      = /etc/zarafa/ldap.cfg

I used the : ldap.active-directory.cfg config copied that to ldap.cfg
some of my ldap.cfg

ldap_host =
ldap_port = 636
ldap_protocol = ldaps
ldap_uri = ldaps://dc1.internal.domain.tld ldaps://dc2.internal.domain.tld

ldap_bind_user = CN=SPECIAL_USERSHERE,OU=Service-Accounts,OU=MYCOMPANY
ldap_bind_passwd = mysecretpassword.
ldap_search_base = OU=MYCOMPANY

# i limit search to only zarafaAddount enabled users.
ldap_user_search_filter = (objectCategory=Person)(zarafaAccount=1)
..
etc .. if you need mor just ask.

Most important here, i have a correct ssl setup, internal side my own certificates,

cat /etc/ldap/ldap.conf
TLS_CACERT      /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
TLS_REQCERT allow

My root cert is in /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Greetz,

Louis