[Samba] Samba 4.2.14 Group Policy (GPO) sync error

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Tue Aug 9 20:18:54 UTC 2016

Am 09.08.2016 um 21:48 schrieb Rainer Meier via samba:
>> I think the 10.0.06 entry was created during domain creation. I'd skim
>> thru dns records from an windows machine if possible and delete all
>> occurences of unwanted ip adresses. I assume the gpo's still can not be
>> loaded during logon on the client? Did you inspect gpresult /h
>> result.html?
>
> I did remove the record for 10.0.0.6 now. Currently I only have
> 10.0.1.6 in the DNS and Samba listening only on 10.0.1.6. Though it
> still fails to sync with exactly the same error.
You may find other left over records in
DnsDomainZones/ForestDnsZones/GC.msdcs. On my test system where i create
eth0:0 interfaces with different ip's on a regular basis i found alot of
leftovers (seems they do not cause problems here).

> gpresult /h result.html does not do anything as GPO has never been
> synced. It seems to provide results only if the sync at least
> completed once.

You can run tshark on your server and the traffic during the client
tries to update gpo's. May shed a light.

[Sorry for the double post to your private email]