[Samba] Man page for idmap_rid

Steve Ankeny steve_a at cinergymetro.net
Tue Aug 9 19:47:54 UTC 2016

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 16:04:04 -0300
> francis picabia via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Rowland Penny via samba <
>> samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>>> Can I suggest you put it back, or add the RFC2307 attributes and use
>>> the winbind 'ad' backend instead.
>>>
>> ex·er·cise
>> ˈeksərˌsīz/
>>
>> noun
>>
>> the use or application of a faculty, right, or process.
>
> Thank you for pointing out another of my mistakes, I thought it was a
> spelling mistake on your part, so I (again) apologise for that mistake.
> I also apologise for anything else I might have done that upset you.
>
> Can we now put this to bed and stop nit-picking every slight mistake.
>
> Rowland

I'm not sure what your mistake was but "exercise" is being used as a
verb in the sentence above.

exercised exercising <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exercise>

transitive verb

1 /a/ :  to make effective in action : use
<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/use> /<didn't /exercise/ good
judgment>/

///b/ :  to bring to bear : exert
<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exert> /</exercise/ influence>/

///c/ :  to implement the terms of (as an option)

'Course, it means much the same as what it means as a noun.

(caveat: I am a teacher by vocation)