[Samba] Man page for idmap_rid

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Aug 9 15:29:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 11:58:42 -0300
francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com> wrote:

> $ smbclient -L //debian2 -U username
> Enter username's password:
> session setup failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
>

> > > When I do a wbinfo look up on my user with a UID of 1000, it has
> > > this:
> > >
> > > theusername:*:16777216:16777220:The
> > > Username:/home/MYDOM/theusername:/bin/false

I think I might have spotted something here, your user doesn't seem to
exist on the client and you are relying on wbinfo to tell you it exists.
Only problem with that, wbinfo checks AD but this doesn't mean the
local Unix OS knows the user.

What does 'getent passwd username' show when run on 'debian2'?

Until it produces something like this:

rowland at devstation:~$ getent passwd rowland
rowland:*:10000:10000:Rowland Penny:/home/rowland:/bin/bash

it will not work.

Rowland