[Samba] File Server recognize users and groups AD

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Aug 6 11:43:28 UTC 2016

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 10:47:22 +0000 (UTC)
Ricardo Pardim Claus <ricardo.claus at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Dear Rowland
>
> Report that could solve the problem by using your tips.
> I modified my smb.conf by adding these lines:
>
> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes
>
> Then I followed the steps indicated on this page:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Libnss_winbind_links
>
> Now yes, when I run the command "getent group "Domain Admins"" or
> "getent group", I appear all (Unix and Active Directory).

Great, glad to help.

> To end this post, I have another doubt. These settings need to be
> made up at all Samba servers on my network? Or only on the file
> server?

You will need to do something similar on any Unix domain members you
add, but remember, domain members are set up differently from a DC.

> Rowland,
> Here in the forum, if this post I opened when I go to answer any
> question from you, I answer the email only to the list of Samba or
> include your email too?

I don't know what email client you use, but you normally reply to 'all'
or 'mailing list' or similar. You keep sending replies to me and not to
the Samba mailing list, this breaks the thread, ideally you should just
reply to the mailing list.

Rowland