[Samba] File Server recognize users and groups AD

Ricardo Pardim Claus ricardo.claus at yahoo.com.br
Sat Aug 6 10:47:22 UTC 2016

Dear Rowland

Report that could solve the problem by using your tips.
I modified my smb.conf by adding these lines:

winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes

Then I followed the steps indicated on this page:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Libnss_winbind_links

Now yes, when I run the command "getent group "Domain Admins"" or "getent group", I appear all (Unix and Active Directory).

To end this post, I have another doubt. These settings need to be made up at all Samba servers on my network? Or only on the file server?

Rowland,
Here in the forum, if this post I opened when I go to answer any question from you, I answer the email only to the list of Samba or include your email too?

Thank you!