[Samba] Samba4 with external bind - best practices?

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:02:02 UTC 2016

You do what you want!

The point is the clients must resolve everything.

You have two options:
A - client resolver is non-DC DNS server: here the non-DC DNS server must
be configured to forward DNS requests about AD to AD DNS servers (to DCs)
B - client resolver is AD DNS server: here AD DNS server(s) used as
resolver(s) must be configured to forward any non-AD DNS request to non-DC
DNS server.

Hoping this is clear enough...

Cheers,

mathias