[Samba] Samba 4.2.14 Group Policy (GPO) sync error

rme at bluemail.ch rme at bluemail.ch
Thu Aug 4 19:14:39 UTC 2016

Hello Rowland,

> No its not, its fairly easy, once you get your head around it. I have
> been using something based on that webpage for nearly 4 years now and
> only had self inflicted problems.

Thanks for the heads-up. Perhaps my wording wasn't very good on it. I
would actually just prefer something built-in into BIND rather than
using an external script. That's why I was hoping for something like the
krb5 grant. So as I understood you're using the script method instead.
Is it because at the time you put your solution in place there was no
support for Kerberos in BIND or is it because you investigated and found
BIND not to support authorization via Kerberos and Samba?

Perhaps somebody knows more about the Kerberos support in BIND and can
point me to a guide. Else I will likely go for the external script
solution as well for production.

Anyway I need to get a solution for the GPO issues before even to think
about some productive use of Samba 4 with Win10 + AD.

Thank you!
Rainer