[Samba] How to modify user fields with a command line ?

henri transfert hb.transfert at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:44:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

On RSAT , we can see that there are some extra fields for users account
like description, office, phone number or email address.

I already have hundreds of user accounts in Samba AD but these extra fields
have not been fed. I would like to import in particular the email address
for each existing users, however I don't find a way to do that with a samba
command line.

Is there a way to modify these fields on existing users using a samba
command line (the next step will be to use this command in a shell script)
?

The net rpc user command can add/delete users, but not modify information
on existing users.

Thanks in advance.

Henri