[Samba] Samba 4.2.14 Group Policy (GPO) sync error

rme at bluemail.ch rme at bluemail.ch
Thu Aug 4 12:10:39 UTC 2016

Hello Rowland

> Lets go back to basics, can you post you smb.conf again, but this time, obtain it via cat

Sure. As it's bit larger and I don't want to process or omit anything
which could be important here's a complete paste:

<http://pastebin.com/mYa1d5KG>

In short without comments:

[global]
         workgroup = CYBERDYNE
         realm = ad.cyberdyne.local
         netbios name = SKYNET
         netbios aliases = SOFTWARE
         server string = SkyNet
         acl:search = no
         ldap server require strong auth = no
         server services = -dns
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

         time server = yes

         logon script = KIX32.exe logon.kix
         logon path = \\%N\profile\.winprofile
         logon drive = N:
         logon home = \\%N\%U

         log file = /var/log/samba/smb.%M
         max log size = 500

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/ad.cyberdyne.local/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No

> Can you also post your /etc/krb5.conf

Sure:

# cat /etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
         default_realm = AD.CYBERDYNE.LOCAL
         dns_lookup_realm = true
         dns_lookup_kdc = true

[realms]
         AD.CYBERDYNE.LOCAL = {
                 default_domain = ad.cyberdne.local
                 kdc = skynet.ad.cyberdyne.local
                 admin_server = skynet.ad.cyberdyne.local
         }

[domain_realm]
         .ad.cyberdyne.local = AD.CYBERDYNE.LOCAL
         ad.cyberdyne.local = AD.CYBERDYNE.LOCAL

best regards,
Rainer