[Samba] Samba 4.2.14 Group Policy (GPO) sync error

rme at bluemail.ch rme at bluemail.ch
Thu Aug 4 09:26:45 UTC 2016

Hello

 > https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2954031
 > for the status rapport error, one you can check also.

Looks like nothing to apply on a fresh Windows 10 1607 installation with all
updates applied.

 > I see still something incorrect here.
 > > C:\Temp>nslookup cyb64w10-hpnb
 > > Server:  skynet.cyberdyne.local
 > > Address:  10.0.1.6

 > SKYNET.AD.CYBERDYNE.LOCAL is the correct AD DC location.
 > Above still shows : skynet.cyberdyne.local

Well, good question. Actually the AD DNS domain for me is supplementary. The
cyberdyne.local domain is where I keep all my hosts managed. But if this is
important for Widnows I can change the PTR entries of those IPs to point to the
AD domain. Here we go...

C:\Temp>nslookup 10.0.1.6
Server:  skynet.ad.cyberdyne.local
Address:  fdea:5b48:d4c1:1:1::6