[Samba] FW: kerberos nfs4's principals and root access

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 3 06:57:07 UTC 2016

You need for the apache keytab something like
Alias /webmail /usr/share/webmail
#
<Directory /usr/share/ webmail >
  AuthType Kerberos
  AuthName "Kerberos Login"
  KrbMethodNegotiate On
  KrbMethodK5Passwd Off
  KrbServiceName HTTP
  KrbAuthRealms EXAMPLE.COM
  Krb5KeyTab /etc/httpd/conf/keytab
  require valid-user
</Directory>
chmod 400 /etc/httpd/conf/keytab
chown www-data:www-data /etc/httpd/conf/keytab

> In fact i'm stuck between my two problems (root acces to Kerberised NFS
> share / www-data access to userdir into a Kerberised NFS share),
> contrary to what I thought It's the root acces the more difficult to
> resolve...
This is because of your layout for your website.
Now, your "abuseing" the user homedir, and normaly thats a private dir for only the user.
For the root access, you can kinit adminsitrator in a root script, i dont know what you exact want.
But echo "passwd" | kinit Administrator simpel resolve you problem.

And for the users/website data.

When you set a layout like this.
/var/www/domain/site/
Add on domain for example an AD Group with write rights.
Like "Domain website Admins" give these full control.
And  something like "Site Admins" for a website, inherit the one before.

No hassle with keytabs, changing owner/group.
Besited if you want to do that, look at mod_ruid, which allows to run an apache vhost as user.

But its what you want.

Greetz,

Louis