[Samba] Unlock domain user

Anderson Hoffmann do Carmo anderson.hoffmann at gsurfnet.com
Mon Aug 1 19:29:37 UTC 2016

I executed the command in two scenarios.

Account 'user1' unlocked:

root at gteste2:~#
root at gteste2:~# ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
"dc=testead,dc=gsurfnet,dc=com" -s sub
'(&(objectclass=user)(samaccountname=user1))' lockoutTime
# record 1
dn: CN=user1,OU=TESTE,DC=testead,DC=gsurfnet,DC=com
lockoutTime: 0

# Referral
ref: ldap://
testead.gsurfnet.com/CN=Configuration,DC=testead,DC=gsurfnet,DC=com

# Referral
ref: ldap://
testead.gsurfnet.com/DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=testead,DC=gsurfnet,DC=com

# Referral
ref: ldap://
testead.gsurfnet.com/DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=testead,DC=gsurfnet,DC=com

# returned 4 records
# 1 entries
# 3 referrals
root at gteste2:~#

Account 'user1' locked by wrong password:

root at gteste2:~#
root at gteste2:~# ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
"dc=testead,dc=gsurfnet,dc=com" -s sub
'(&(objectclass=user)(samaccountname=user1))' lockoutTime
# record 1
dn: CN=user1,OU=TESTE,DC=testead,DC=gsurfnet,DC=com
lockoutTime: 131145529963563450

# Referral
ref: ldap://
testead.gsurfnet.com/CN=Configuration,DC=testead,DC=gsurfnet,DC=com

# Referral
ref: ldap://
testead.gsurfnet.com/DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=testead,DC=gsurfnet,DC=com

# Referral
ref: ldap://
testead.gsurfnet.com/DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=testead,DC=gsurfnet,DC=com

# returned 4 records
# 1 entries
# 3 referrals
root at gteste2:~#

Anderson Hoffmann do Carmo
MCP | MTA | MCDST | MCTS | MCSA | MS | MOS |
ITIL-F | ISFS | CLOUDF | CI-SCS | VCA-DCV |