[Samba] Bind on non-DC host (formerly: bind 9.11.b2 with samba 4.4.5)

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 13:35:42 UTC 2016

oki doki. Thank you for precision.
That kind of limitation should be added to the wiki as I would have already
tried to move Bind to a non-DC host if I was able to find to to do that.
And if I thought about that, some have thought about that before me.

With easy virtualisation as we have now, with the idea to separate task one
different systems to lower risk endured by each system, it seems to me that
splitting AD services across systems (VM or physical) could be seen as the
next step... Giving Samba users advices regarding what can be done, what
can be tested and especially what must not be done would be time-saver for
whom who to test...

My 2 cents...
M.