[Samba] Heimdal Kerberos in Samba4

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:27:45 UTC 2016

As we wanted to test last Samba version we had to compile Samba manually
once 4.3.0 went out.
As we wanted to continue to deploy Samba using system's package manager, we
decided to built our own RPM.
As I hate RPM, I had to learn. As I'm lazy, I tried to not waste too much
time learning RPM.

So I downloaded .spec from Sernet's package 4.2.x, I modified that .spec to
match new Samba version and I used rpmbuild to build my RPMs (our systems
are Centos 7).

This needed some time but is working since 4.3.0 went out, which is already
a bunch of months and also a bunch of version recompiled using the same
.spec, each time with some little adjustments.

And now we have one .spec which is used once per Samba version. Generated
RPMs can be used for our AD DC and also for our file servers.

Cheers.