[Samba] File Server on Samba 4

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:19:44 UTC 2016

Not an answer to initial question:
No matter the type of file system (NFS, SMB/CIFS...) nor the kind of
support (network share, USB pen, CDROM...).

What matters is if the file system will be mounted by hand (fstab, mount)
or auto-magically with automounter (autofs or any other).

Once automounter uses some directory for automounting stuffs in it, this
folder is not usable as usual.

Ex: /media is used by some automounter, we can't mkdir /media/toto.
You can't "mount /dev/sdb1 /media" nor "mount /dev/sdb1 /media/sdb1", even
if /media/sdb1 exists.

You can create your own directories to host remote FS, you can use /mnt,
you can use /media if you stopped all automounter tool.

Sorry for that which is a little bit out of subject.