[Samba] Can't reconnect to Samba 4 from Windows 10

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 1 07:34:34 UTC 2016

On 31/07/16 20:32, Steve Kelem wrote:

> How was I setting up my machine as a PDC? What lines do I need to remove?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>

> Rowland penny wrote on 07/30/2016 01:32 AM:
>> On 30/07/16 03:04, Steve Kelem wrote:
>> Well, no he didn't :-)
>> He just posted a couple of attachments.
>>
>> Anyway, after I removed all the cruft from his smb.conf, I found that
>> he has set up his machine as a PDC, but he also has this line:
>>
>> server role = standalone server
>>
>> So what do you want Steve, a PDC or a standalone server??
>>
>> It might also have helped if you had posted the entire output of the
>> smbclient command i.e. the part that gave what version of Samba you
>> are using.
>>
>> Rowland

well, these at least:

     logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
     logon drive = m:
     logon home = \\%L\homes\%u
     logon script = %G.bat
     add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -c 'Samba User
Account' -s /dev/null '%u'
     add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'
     add user to group script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -c 'Samba
User Account' -s /dev/null -g '%g' '%u'
     add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g
sambamachines -c 'Samba Machine Account' -s /dev/null -M '%u'
     delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'
     delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/userdel '%u' '%g'
     delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel '%u'
     domain master = auto

Though there are others, I would suggest you follow the wiki page I
pointed out to you.

Rowland