[Samba] Samba 4.4 userParameters problems

Saso Slavicic saso.linux at astim.si
Thu Apr 28 19:47:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

I recently upgraded 4.1.8 installation to 4.4.2. As per documentation I ran
samba-tool dbcheck. It reported some problems with userParameters:

ERROR: wrongly formatted userParameters on
CN=,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=,DC=local, should not be psudo-UTF8 encoded.

I ran --fix as I read in some discussion that this was actually tested.

The problem after upgrade is, that it is no longer possible to set Terminal
Services Environment on the user via Windows RSAT. All the fields are empty,
if anything is set (Start the following program at logon: "Program file
name" or "Start in"), an error is returned after applying: "The parameter is
incorrect" and the field is emptied again. These fields are stored in
userParameters AD attribute.
I have restored samba4 private subdir from before the upgrade and the fields
are correctly set and can be changed normally.

I've tried downgrading to 4.4.0 to see if it's caused by badlock fixes, but
I experienced the same problem.
Can I do anything to help diagnosing the problem?

Regards, Saso