[Samba] "stuck" new directories and Mac Finder hangs after upgrade to 4.2.11

tackyy tackyy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 18:56:09 UTC 2016

Implementing vfs_fruit appears to have fixed the issue. Thanks

One thing I noticed since I sent the message to the list is I had about a third of the smbd processes stuck as D. Watching ps obsessively yesterday after fruit was configured I noticed that that’s no longer the case.

Another thing I noticed is that this wasn’t an issue with new folders. This was an issue when people would upload or move multiple files at once. We had previously had a similar issue with earlier versions of Samba4… just not as acute, we wouldn’t get any D processes. People would just get kicked off. So it seems this was an issue we’d been having for a long time that just became a bigger deal when we went from 4.2.3 to 4.2.11.

My users are also reporting improved file browsing performance.

Cheers,
tack