[Samba] Migration to vfs_fruit with existing AppleDouble files?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Apr 27 21:12:37 UTC 2016

Am 27.04.2016 um 22:43 schrieb Ralph Boehme:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 07:39:08PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> resource forks are not xattrs and *are* converted. :)
>>
>> but what does that all mean in context "appledouble = ea"?
>
> For that you need fruit:metadata = netatalk in smb.conf.

so WHAT is now the right way?

"ea = samba" in afp.conf
"fruit:metadata = netatalk" in smb.conf

both, one of them, which if one of them and how do they play together in
a environemt which has existing data long before vfs_fruit existed

jesus i want nothing more than get rid of netatalk over the long without
any damage to millions of files historically back over 15 years

>> or ask it the other way round: is there a way to get rid of all "extended
>> attributes" on a netatalk share (recursive) without damage real data?
>
> why do you want to get rid of xattrs?

when they are not improtant and netatalk can't convert existing ones
widh dbd while "ea = samba" came years too late they can die at all