[Samba] Samba 4 permissions error

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 18:55:37 UTC 2016

> OK, you have two DCs, on one, your user can access a share, you basically
> copy the shares to another DC (with all the same permissions etc) and your
> user cannot access the share on the second DC.
>
> How is AD set up ? are you using uidNumber & gidNumber attributes (you will
> have added them manually) or are you using the xidNumbers created
> automatically by Samba4.
I'm not pretty sure about the difference, but I believe it's the 2nd
alternative. I guess you could check it from my configuration shown
lines below.

> If you have modified the smb.conf on the second DC, can you post this.
> Can you post the smb.conf from your zential machine.

This is the content of my Zentyal's Samba configuration:

[global]
    workgroup = agn
    realm = REALM.COM.PE
    netbios name = fileserver
    server string = Linux Active Directory
    server role = dc
    server role check:inhibit = yes
    server services = -dns -winbindd +winbind
    server signing = auto
    dsdb:schema update allowed = yes
    drs:max object sync = 1200
    idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
    interfaces = lo,eth0,eth0:0,eth0:0
    bind interfaces only = yes
    log level = 3
    log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
    max log size = 100000
    include = /etc/samba/shares.conf
[netlogon]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/agn.com.pe/scripts
    browseable = no
    read only = yes
[sysvol]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
    read only = no

Here the contents of  /etc/samba/shares.conf:

[homes]
    comment = Directorios de usuario
    path = /home/%S
    read only = no
    browseable = no
    create mask = 0611
    directory mask = 0711
    vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit recycle
    full_audit:success = connect opendir disconnect unlink mkdir rmdir
open rename
    full_audit:failure = connect opendir disconnect unlink mkdir rmdir
open rename
    recycle: directory_mode = 0700
    recycle: inherit_nt_acl = Yes
    recycle: excludedir = /tmp|/var/tmp
    recycle: versions = Yes
    recycle: keeptree = Yes
    recycle: repository = RecycleBin

[agnofi]
    comment = primer compartido
    path = /home/samba/shares/agnofi
    browseable = Yes
    read only = No
    force create mode = 0660
    force directory mode = 0660
    vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit recycle
    acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
    full_audit:success = connect opendir disconnect unlink mkdir rmdir
open rename
    full_audit:failure = connect opendir disconnect unlink mkdir rmdir
open rename
    recycle: directory_mode = 0700
    recycle: inherit_nt_acl = Yes
    recycle: excludedir = /tmp|/var/tmp
    recycle: versions = Yes
    recycle: keeptree = Yes
    recycle: repository = RecycleBin

There a lot of other additional shares but all of them have the same
configuration except for the path.

This is the configuration for my 2nd Samba DC:

[global]
    workgroup = AGN
    realm = realm.com.pe
    netbios name = FILESERVERSJL
    log file = /var/log/samba.log
    log level = 3
    include = /etc/samba/shares.conf
    server services = -dns -winbindd +winbind
    server signing = auto
    dsdb:schema update allowed = yes
    drs:max object sync = 1200
    idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
[netlogon]
    path = /usr/local/samba-4.3.5/var/locks/sysvol/agn.com.pe/scripts
    read only = No
[sysvol]
    path = /usr/local/samba-4.3.5/var/locks/sysvol
    read only = No

The contents of the /etc/samba/shares.conf is exactly the same as in
Zentyal's server because I copy this file using rsync.

Hope this helps. Thanks a lot for your help.