[Samba] Migration to vfs_fruit with existing AppleDouble files?

Scott Call scott.call at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:50:12 UTC 2016

(apologies to Ralph, I replied directly to him w/o copying the lists, so
here we go again)

In my testing that wasn't the case.  If I manually copy the apple generated
AppleDouble file and it's 0 byte main file to my test system,  the correct
size (including the resource forks) are shown but the file type is not
translated.

Using "GetFileInfo" a file copied to the new (vfs_fruit) server using
finder will show:
type: "tfil"
creator: "movr"

but the same file with the AppleDouble copied at the unix level (scp)  from
the old server shows:
type: "\0\0\0\0"
creator: "\0\0\0\0"

So I think the missing piece is com.apple.FinderInfo xattr?

Thanks!