[Samba] why samba-tool allows password reset against Windows DC ?

Yosel Lazaro Vera Gonzalez ylvera at estudiantes.uci.cu
Sun Apr 24 17:32:52 UTC 2016

hi everybody this is my situation

Why can I change the user password using samba-tool against a windows DC but when I try to do the same
operation using a ldap library, throws the exception "Unsupported operation" ?
I think the problem is the authentication method, How samba -tool authenticates to the LDAP protocol?
It's possible make this operation using another LDAP library?

PD: I accomplished this operation against a DC samba but not against windows DC