[Samba] Fileserver upgraded from 4.1.17 to 4.2 dosen't authenticate users

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Fri Apr 22 17:58:31 UTC 2016

Mathias,

What you say is true in theory, but after Debian went from 4.1 to 4.3,
my NT4 domain no longer works.  The initial error was no logon server
available.  I've asked if anyone has a working NT4 domain on 4.3, and no
one has replied that they do; therefore, I assume that there are none.
Additionally, there were specific changes indicated for NT4 domains in
the 4.2 release notes, but when Marc released the NT4 domain wiki page,
there is no mention of these parameters or how they should be applied.
Using them did not improve the domain situation for me.  That is why I
said that things don't look good for NT4 domains.  With the advent of
Samba4 AD capabilities, NT4 domains are passé.  I wish I was wrong.

With the spate of messages on this list since the security updates were
released, I see no reason to rush in the AD direction either. A
workgroup looks better every day...........

Dale