[Samba] Fileserver upgraded from 4.1.17 to 4.2 dosen't authenticate users

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:31:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

I thought Samba4 was able to do everything what was doing Samba3.

According to that isn't it possible for you to add a new DC into your NT4
domain which runs Samba4? As it is a DC in addition to others DC (those
running Samba3) your domain should continue to work as it did for years.
You would just get another DC running more recent Samba.

I expect that Samba4 as filesrv is able to communicate correctly with
Samba4 as NT4 DC.

If my suppositions are not wrong, this would solve your strange RPC issue
and also give a way to update your NT4 DC which seems an important thing
according to that link which seems to show that samba3 is not supported any
more.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning#General_information