[Samba] Samba anonymous dns forwarding

lingpanda101 at gmail.com lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:26:18 UTC 2016

On 4/20/2016 5:14 AM, Johannes Amorosa | Celluloid VFX wrote:

> On 04/18/2016 07:09 PM, lingpanda101 at gmail.com wrote:

>>> Log level 2, but basically we want to keep log level because we are
>>> debugging.
>>>
>> I had the same issue. I eventually set up a central rsyslog server.
>> You can drop them before they are sent.
>>

> Thanks for your reply. We need to centralize our logging anyway. Would
> you mind sharing
> your smb and rsyslog snippets how you have done this?

Under global section of smb.conf add

log level = 0
logging = syslog at 1 file

See 'man smb.conf' for additional details on 'logging ='

The rsyslog.conf isn't so simple. It will need to be setup specific to
how you have your central rsyslog server setup. But mine is

:msg, contains, "cron" stop
:msg, contains, "Connection closed by 172.16.232.27" stop

auth,authpriv,daemon,kern,lpr,mail,mark,news,syslog,user,uucp,local0,local1,local2,local3,local4,local5,local6,local7.*
@172.16.232.45:514

Please see 'man rsyslog.conf' for additional details. The key command is
':msg, contains,'. This is how I filter. Google search for 'rsyslog
loganalyzer tutorial'. You can stip messages on the host before being
sent or you can drop them on the server end.

--
-James