[Samba] Samba 4 more complete

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Apr 21 12:04:18 UTC 2016

On 21/04/16 12:37, cosme at crearq.co.cu wrote:
> Hi team
>
> Samba4 want to suggest that to have a more complete performance would be
> good if the reverse zone default will be added and that the devices are
> connected by DHCP to update you forward and reverse DNS zone.

All this is hard to read, which I am putting down to English probably
not being your first language.

I think what you mean is, if you run Samba as an AD domain, it would be
a good idea to create a reverse zone and even better, use DHCP to update
your forward and reverse zones.
If this is correct, have you used an internet website for information
and if so, which website.

> At least to my not me I worked, even using the bind9 compiled with support
> for dlz.

I think this means you cannot get it to work.

> At least that part of me has failed me. Using Debian 8 samba4.4.2 and
> bind9 & isc-dhcp-server from the repository.

Well, it works for me, Devuan (debian 8 without systemd), Samba 4.4.2,
Bind9 & DHCP

Rowland