[Samba] Cannot browse mode 0700 directories from Windows with security=ads

Ian Collier Ian.Collier at cs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 11:22:27 UTC 2016

OK, the bottom line of this is that we have hastily set up a CentOS 7 VM
with samba-4.2.10-6.el7_2.x86_64 and the "username map script = /bin/echo"
hack seems to be working there.  I think we have to put this down to a bug
in samba 3.6.23.

Winbind screwed up our group permissions, and the above hack fixed the
group permissions but denied access to privately owned files.]

Ian Collier.