[Samba] Winbind idmap question

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:40:52 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Back on playing winbind I first configure PAM and NSS then tried id
<my_user_name> without setting for that user uidNumber.

This user get UID from idmap.

I set up uidNumber into LDAP tree for that user but this user still get uid
from idmap rather than from uidNumber attribute.

I set up another user with uidNumber into LDAP tree and after doing that I
tried "id <my_second_user>". Here id returns the content of uidNumber LDAP
attribute as user UID.

Question: how to make the first user to get rid of idmaped UID?