[Samba] [Solved] Samba 4 sudoers

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Thu Apr 21 05:40:16 UTC 2016

Good news, I now have this working. Once I finish writing my notes I'll
make them available to whoever might want them. Just to clarify things a
bit, here is what we have and what we wanted:

* Linux users are authenticated by the Samba 4 domain controllers via
SSSD, which itself uses LDAP.
* As we are a development house, we have a rather complex set of
users/groups/permissions on the numerous servers. We wanted to manage
this centrally via Active Directory, without touching the sudoers file
on the Linux side.
* As of now, on a test domain which is functionally a replica of our
production domain, we are able to manage sudo permissions on our AD
users and groups via a combination of ADSI Edit and ADUC.

ADSI Edit is used only to create a new rule, which we then edit in ADUC.
As I am the only member of our team who has ever dealt with Active
Directory before we are looking for any GUI tool which can make this a
bit more intuitive, as the native Linux speakers aren't overly
comfortable with the aforementioned tools. If you know of any we'd like
to know.

A bit more testing and we can copy this to production. :)

regards,
John