[Samba] mount cifs

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Apr 20 18:25:53 UTC 2016

On 04/20/2016 11:24 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> 4.3.7 Debian = 4.3.8 samba.org
>
> But last Saturday Jelmer updated to 4.3.8 so its not confusing anymore.
> Go through the list, see which versions i tested.
>
> Recap.
> Imo 4.4.2 is at this time the only with correct outputs.
>
> DONT GET MET WRONG.
>
> Debian 4.2.10, yes, wbinfo -u mail fail, but EVERYTHING works.
> You just dont see any output.
>
> Debian 4.3.8, yes, wbinfo -u mail fail, but EVERYTHING works.
> You just dont see any output.
>
> Debian 4.4.1, yes, wbinfo -u mail fail, but EVERYTHING works.
> You just dont see any output.
>
> Debian 4.4.2, ( samba source, with debian patches, -1 ) everything works.
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Louis,

I haven't had any problems with wbinfo; it continues to function. What I
can't get to work is a CIFS mount.  Even rsync continues to work.

Note that this domain is an AD domain, therefore a different network and
domain than the NT4 problem in my other thread.  The only thing they
have in common is that both have broken parts after upgrading to more
recent versions of Samba.

Dale