[Samba] Ubuntu 14.04 samba update

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:05:16 UTC 2016

I was looking at https://www.samba.org/samba/latest_news.html#4.4.2

and added

 server signing = mandatory
 ntlm auth = no

to smb.conf but that seems to have made it worse. Before adding that I was
still able to do wbinfo -g and get a group listing

Is there settings to set it back to the untrusted way before the security
updates that happened?
I'd like to set it up properly but I need to be able to get things working
for now.