[Samba] samba security updates broke NT4 DC setup

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Apr 20 06:49:54 UTC 2016

El 20/04/16 a les 01:46, Dirk Kleinhesselink ha escrit:

> I've been running a NT4-style domain with a samba 3.x PDC using a
> LDAP back end and it's mostly worked very will for a long time.
> However since yesterday, clients are having problems with the domain.  I
> saw that updates came out on all my systems - my PDC and BDC are ubuntu
> 12.04 LTS.  The samba version there still seems to be 3.6x.  A client
> with a problem that was working is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and no longer can
> authenticate against the PDC.

Same problem here with one machine. I tried all the options in the
advisory (client ipc signing = no, require strong key=false) and other
options (like client schannel=no) with no luck.
I finally reverted to the snapshot I took before upgrading (with samba
2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007