[Samba] Samba4 quit working after update

Thomas Smith theitsmith at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:08:05 UTC 2016

I set the Samba debug level to 4 a bit ago, so the logs are a bit
noisy--before that, there didn't seem to be much log activity when I
produced that error.

So with the debug level at 4, these entries kind of stand out a bit:

[2016/04/19 09:55:27.662721,  2]
../source4/smbd/process_standard.c:123(standard_child_pipe_handler)
  Child 16336 (winbindd) exited with status 1

These entries repeat numerous times:
[2016/04/19 09:55:27.732104,  0]
../lib/util/util_runcmd.c:328(samba_runcmd_io_handler)
  /usr/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: not adding non-broadcast interface as0t15
[2016/04/19 09:55:27.732124,  0]
../lib/util/util_runcmd.c:328(samba_runcmd_io_handler)
  /usr/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: added interface eth0 ip=x.x.x.x
bcast=x.x.x.255 netmask=255.255.255.0
[2016/04/19 09:55:29.533765,  4]
../source4/lib/socket/interface.c:121(add_interface)
  added interface eth0 ip=x.x.x.x bcast=x.x.x.255 netmask=255.255.255.0
[2016/04/19 09:55:31.630708,  3]
../source4/nbt_server/register.c:154(nbtd_register_name_handler)
  Registered SERVER<00> with x.x.x.x on interface x.x.x.255

There are a ton of other entries, mostly from "dns_query.c" but also from
dreplsrv_*.

Does this help? I can paste all of the log entries surrounding the time
when I get the error, but there are quite a few--thought it might be too
long to post.