[Samba] Best Pratice for installing samba package in production environment

Jules Houantonon juleshoueto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:21:16 UTC 2016

Hello Helmut,

thank you for your feedback.

I think that i am not making my self  clear enough.

Independant of the distribution, is it recommended to install Samba4 tar
ball version in a production environment, or sernet package ?

I know that with sernet you can have  benefit of support, so it may be an
advantage.

But what about if i choose to install code source version downloaded from
samba.org ?

Would it be recommended ?

Thank you for your help