[Samba] Samba 4.2.11 Group Policy (GPO) sync error

rme at bluemail.ch rme at bluemail.ch
Tue Apr 19 13:04:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Since I have upgraded to Samba 4.2.11 I got errors when updating group policy
objects (GPO) on my clients (all Windows 7 Professional).

When running "gpupdate" from the command line on Windows 7 Pro Domain-Joined
clients it states not to be able to resolve the domain controller. According to
what I see from the logs it looks like it's related to resolving accounts.

I am running Samba 4.2.11 as an AD DC with BIND_DLZ DNS backend on Gentoo. For
now I have reverted all installations to Samba 4.2.9 where GPO updates seem to
work fine again.

Does anybody experience the same issues with Samba 4.2.11?

--
Rainer