[Samba] Browing in Samba4 AD domain

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:16:46 UTC 2016

Hello guys, Rowland :)

I recently had the opportunity to configure a Samba 3.x server which
acts as a WIN server. For testing purposes only, I've configured a
group of 4 Windows machines to use my Samba 3.x host as WINS server
but unfortunately those 4 hosts were not able to see each other in the
windows browsing list. I might guess WINS is only providing NetBIOS
name resolution but no machine browsing feature. Am I right?

Thanks you all for your help